Does your child mumble or chatter or hum or talk all of the time...ALL of the time?

If you where ear plugs? LOL

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My last child is 14 now and he has'nt stop talking.....yak yak ay yak

Answer by rosetoes at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My son is almost 2... he loves to SCREAM, sing, laugh, talk... and he does it all while he's jumping up and down around the house. It's funny for a while, but sometimes I tell him "shhhh". LOL

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• my 5 year old girl talks ALL the time she dont shut up

Answer by jaes347 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My 11 year old started talking (repeating sounds) at 6 months and has never stopped talking since!! You will get used to it. He has taken to making up words and using them in every day conversation. I tune him out a lot. He knows how to get my attention when he wants to really tell me something.

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My son talks ALL the time; he even told me yesterday that he "likes to hear himself." Soo.. LOL.. I don't know. I've been tuning him out for quite some time, only replying with a "Yep," or "mhm" to the less important rambles.

Answer by catumai at 10:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My daughter is almost 6 and she talks ALL... THE... TIME! I pretty much just listen and give her feedback every few sentences. The only thing that drives me nuts is when she gives me a blow-by-blow of a show we're watching together or a situation in the room that I've witnessed alongside her. I just give her affirmation like "yeah, that was a green slimy monster chasing Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo hid in a closet, didn't he?" to give her the reminder that I'm seeing & hearing the same things she is. It's irritating sometimes (we're only human) but then I remind myself that there are some parents who never get to hear their children speak and then her non-stop talking becomes the most beautiful sound in the world. ;)

Answer by at 12:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2008