Is anyone else annoyed and tired of the Disney Channel?

My DD loves watching Mickey Mouse and all that stuff and I just am tired of how "flighty" all the shows are. They don't really teach kids anything except to be lazy and things that aren't that important. I mean I know there are annoying shows on PBS as well, but most of the shows she likes on that channel atleast have a substance. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• Completely agree! We watched way more PBS and Sprout when all was younger. Nick jr. is getting bad too.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 12:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm not really sure. I used to feel that all cartoons were like that more or less. I always liked my kids to watch Sesame Street back in the day. We never really watched Disney, because we simply didn't have that. I think shows like Sesame Street and the Electric Company are still around aren't they? If not, I would buy her some DVD's that you like. When my daughter was like 5, she started to watch these shows called "We Sing". She started wanting to dress in her party dresses and prance around the house... absolutely Drove ME Crazy!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The disney channel annoyes me for different reasons. I like the cartoon based for Children I love Nick Jr (Even though it drives me INSANE) I hate the older shows they show though on Disney. Hannaha whatever she's called voice makes me want to scream... & the suite life on deck is just plain STUPID
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I never liked Disney Channel. SO glad we don't have cable anymore.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think if Walt Disney could see what was being played on the Disney channel today, he would shoot himself in the head. The TV shows they have on now are horrible.
    StephenieBryant

Answer by StephenieBryant at 2:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010