What would you choose? adult content

I am currently waiting results from an ultrasound and blood work concerning menstral issues. So far the Dr has laid out two possible options if there are no serious problems. The first she mentioned was ablation and the other option is a possible hysterectomy. I have 2 children and am not planning on having any more....just wondering if anyone has had either of the procedures and what would be better...thanks

MrsHatch4

Asked by MrsHatch4 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• If I could really choose which to have I would want a hysterectomy. I'm very fertile and BC always has failed me and I'm done having kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i had 5 kids & after number 5 I started having heavy heavy heavy bleeding upto 20 days out of the month since i had abnormal paps n pre cancer cells of the cervix my doc asked what i wanted to do i choose hysterectamy due to my age (30) he left my tubes & oviaries so i would not need hormones...since ive had my surgery June this year things have gotten so much better not just do to less bleeding but mentally & physically if u have the choice i would choose what u feel is right for u and your body
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• as long as they can leave you at least one ovary then get the hyst but that is a BIG step ...research research research
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies. As of now I am leaning more towards a hysterectomy since I do not plan on having more children. It's just one thing to talk about the possibility and quite another to hear the words come from a Dr. (if that makes any sense) I have said for years I would just prefer to get it done since I want no more children and that would end the problems but then to hear a Dr say it makes it seem not my choice ya know. Thanks again and I will keep researching options!
    MrsHatch4

Comment by MrsHatch4 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree with the 1st poster... from all I've heard... the same. Plus, just to think about it... I wouldn't want it any other way.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 4:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010