Do you knit or crochet?

How and when did you get started? My aunt taught me when I was about 8, but I haven't done any crocheting for about 35 years! Do you think I lost my skills?? LOL! I would love to try it again.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I learned to knit on my own, but I've always cheated by using a loom. An exes mom taught me how to crochet a chain but thats about it lol. This was years ago. I retaught myself from tutorials. I love to crochet!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My grandma taught me to when I was younger. I then did not do it for a quite a few year. I just watched some youtube video's and it came back to me fast. Good luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It will come back to you easy peasy!! I learned to knit 7 years ago while on bed rest with my DS. Then I joined a knit group and they taught me to crochet too. It is very relaxing. I love it. There is probably a fiber or knitting guild near you to find some like minded fiberholics. Good luck!!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 12:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I learned to crochet when i was young and didn't do it for a long time and when I picked up a chrochet hook it all came back to me....like riding a bike. I even remebered how to read the directions to the patterns. Give it a try you can do it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I taught myself to knit f from a CD that I bought at Joann's 4-5 years ago. They also have a crochet CD.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I taught my to knit from a book in 2005.  The next year I taught myself to crochet just reading the description of the stitches in the back of a pattern book I bought.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010