Is it possible..

My husband and I have been TTC for about 4 months now.With my fisrt child I got pregnant almost immediatly, so I have gotten discouraged. I have been charting and this past cycle I finally brought myself to start checking CP. I noticed that I seem to ovulate late. My cycle started on 10/3 and I ovuated 10/18..10/19. My period is due 10/26 ( I only have a 23ish day cycle). So if I ovulate late...will I still get a period? And is it possible to get a positive pregnancy test? Any answers will be helpful...and please don't be rude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, if you are not pregnant you should get your period on time.
    Honestly- with my first it took me a while to get pregnant- I did all that charting stuff with no success- and when I just relaxed and had sex with the hubby whenever I felt like it with no "babymaking" pressure on either of us- I conceived! Best of luck!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you ovulate late in your cycle you will probably have to wait later than the first day of your missed period to get a positive test. The test doesn't depend on where in your cycle you are. It tests positve when enough of the hormone builds up in your body which normally is about 14 days.
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you really did ovulate on the 18th or the 19th and you get your period on 10/26 you may have a luteal phase defect. This means that the time between your ovulation and the start of your period isn't long enough. Most doctors believe that you need to have at least 10 days(some say 12) after ovulation before you get your period in order for a fertilized egg to successfully implant. It can take a fertilized egg 6-12 days to implant. Therefore your uterine lining may be breaking down before your egg actually has time to implant.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thanks for the answers.....How would I know that I ovulated? According to my CP, it seemed like I had. I didn't have much CM though. The last 2 periods I have had have been irregular. the last one even more than the one before.What should I do?
    Anonymous

• You can use an ovulation predictor kit to make sure when you are ovulating. I have never used charting to predict when I am ovulating so I really don't know to much about that. I do know when I have ovulated by other things. I have used an opk and I have always been right on with when I ovulate. My CM is always egg white looking right before and until the day after I ovulate. I also get ovulation cramping. My chest also gets really sore and my face breaks out from two days after I ovulate until the day before I get my period.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008