Pro-lifers, were do you think we failed as a society where women feel that abortion is their only/best? option adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• May20: hazeldove, I don't think any of us here are talking about medically necessary abortions. I'm certainly not. I had one myself for an ectopic pregnancy several years ago. My heart still grieves for that baby who was completely unplanned (conceived after my tubal ligation). I know about failed BC because it doesn't get too much more failed than that.

If you're grieving a pregnancy you wanted but absolutely had to terminate, this isn't about your situation at all, and I'm sorry that you may be feeling that it is.

In fact, ladies, if you're reading this thread and have had an abortion for whatever reason, this isn't about judging and condemning your choices. What is done is done. All we can do is go forward in love and acceptance. This is about how we as a society can learn from how we failed you, if you feel that way, so that we can correct that failing for other young ladies in the future.

^^this should be best answer
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We failed them before they got pregnant. Instead of just handing out condoms and birth control pills we should be teaching them why they shouldn't be having sex. There is a very successful abstinence program..I'll look for a link in a minute. It isn't faith based and faith isn't even brought up in it. It is responsiblity based. It teaches you shouldn't have sex until you can handle the responibilities of sex and the possiblity of a child...what the responsiblites are..and what the consequences can be.

IMO, we should not have to figure out how to support them after they get pregnant and in trouble..but what to do to keep them from getting in that position to begin with.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• delilah: yes kids are taught it is ok. Planned Parenthood not only teaches that, but they tell them that they have hormones they can't control nor should they expect to. Your parents are out of touch and don't understand or remember what is like be young and have these feelings. That is not only undermining the role of parents, but also giving kids a free pass. I demand that my boys practice self-control and wait for marriage. So far - so good. I have a grand daughter who wasn't a product of "hormones" other than that of marriage. BC at school is telling kids they can't control themselves. The bar has been lowered to a point I have a student who had a baby in May as a 12 year old and guess what - she's pregnant again so is her 14 year old sisiter becuase they are kids who can't control their impulses. I call BS on that!!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Personally, I think the women failed themselves by not being more responsible in a behavior they know results in pregnancy. In today's world, there should never be any "unwanted" pregnancies. Take birth control, practice abstinence, don't have babies out of wed lock, or a host of responsible choices. There is a choice to make before the pregnancy instead of after it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When they started telling kids it was OK to have sex before marriage, and then telling them that killing your baby was OK. They should have never made killing babys legal.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It's not due to any one thing but a number of things that combine to make teens feel it's ok to have sex whenever, and with whomever they want. It's an attitude they pick up in sex ed classes in school (it's their body and they have a right to do what they want with it) because schools cannot teach morals (who's would they teach?), and many parents have come to depend on the schools to educate their children about such things. I also really think that the medical community and science have something to do with it. They refer to babies as embryos and fetus's until AFTER they are born at which time it suddenly, miraculously becomes a baby. The words embryo and fetus tend to take the humanity out of the equation so teens don't really think of it as a baby or as killing a baby, they think of it as only getting rid of some unwanted cells, etc.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• hazeldove, I don't think any of us here are talking about medically necessary abortions. I'm certainly not. I had one myself for an ectopic pregnancy several years ago. My heart still grieves for that baby who was completely unplanned (conceived after my tubal ligation). I know about failed BC because it doesn't get too much more failed than that.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• delilahsmom, while I understand the school's logic in providing free (paid for by the taxpayers) condoms to high school students, if a young man is too embarrassed to walk into a store and buy a pack of condoms, then I suggest that he's not mature enough to have sex.

Yes, I know what your rebuttal will be.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think if someone is thinking abortion they should be introduced to a family that is trying to adopt maybe if they truly see that option it'll help some women think of adoption instead of abortion
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its better than abortion!! So its alright for a woman to kill her unborn instead of giving it up for a better life?! Be a woman! That's ridiculous. Can you deal with people better saying You killed your baby?! I think adoption is a smart and grown up choice instead of taking the easy way out. And how people consider abortion the easy way out kills me! Women who choose abortion as the only way out are irresponsible. They knew sex could lead to a baby, so they should be ready to accept the responsibility of having a baby. They only way I support abortion is if you were raped and a baby was conceived at the time. Anything else is just childish.
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 12:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010