diy outdoor halloweeen decorations...how to make the head?

Hello! I am starting to think about decorating and prefer to do it myself to save some money. I'd like to either make ghosts or witches holdings hands in a circle formation. I will put up some stakes and attach go from there. I want them to be realisic size-wise, probably like that of a child. Problem is I'm not sure what to use to make their heads. Craft foam balls are pricey and not really outdoor-friendly....suggestions please?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Can you just take sheets and make the kids and then stuff the head with plastic garbage bags?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You could use large round balloons, play balls or beach balls.
    pegleg63

Answer by pegleg63 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can make paper mache heads and spray them with sealer so they don't get ruined outdoors.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 1:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I use the craft balls- they work just fine outside. They can be pricey... you're right, but are perfect.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010