shaming the family/ stoning question?

Disclaimer: I know that the following question does not apply to all Muslims, just the warped kind. I know plenty of Muslims who find the following disgusting ad misrepresentative.

So I've heard about women in other countries being punished or stoned because they were raped and shamed the family. Their family's justification was that she was out with a man who was not a family member...BUT, what if she was raped by a man who was a family member? In that case, she was doing what she was supposed to and HE was at fault...so how would it work then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends on the countries you are asking about...

Are you asking about Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran............etc??

The laws aren't wholely universal over there.. They all have their differences, even if they are small ones.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• idk
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• don't know but interesting question
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• She may still be stoned and punished. From what I understand, if it's not with someone she's married to, it's still considered shame.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It's sickening how some countries run....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010