Years After Abortion ....If you are going to put me down, please just don't answer.

I'm not going to lable myself as one or the other here. I don't agree with abortion even though I chose it myself. I'm not going to fight. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there besides myself that has been through what I've gone through. Do you ever wonder what it would have been like if you took the other choice? If it was a boy or a girl? Do you have issues now from your choice, feelings of anger, depression, etc? I recently came to terms with some things even though it's been years after. See I wanted to have the child, but I was homeless, he was suicidal, his family certifiable, and adoption would have hurt my other child. They aren't excuses. They are just my reasons at the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• Oh Hun, I am not going to bash you. I have been a christain for many years and something I have learned is that if you talk someone down it usally comes back to haunt you. I have never been through what you have been through sweetie but I can still tell you that Jesus loves you the same today as he always has. A Good Friend is he and sweetie when I have problems in my life he is always there for me. I am here for you anytime you want to talk just pm me.
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've never had an abortion, but I did have a miscarriage two years ago and experience all of those things myself. I wonder what I could have done differently, what the baby would have looked like, etc etc. I don't think any of these thoughts and feelings go away, no matter how you lost your child. I do know that you can't change the past and that if you knew in your heart you were making the right decision at the time, that you did the right thing.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 12:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've had three, and just recently miscarried for the first time....so I know all about what could be going through your mind... just dealing with the decisions you made alone can seem to haunt you for years let alone the questions behind it all... NO judging eyes here you did what you did and there's no pleasing anybody but you.
    Take ownership of your choices and dont let anyone tell you who YOU are...in time you will know how to settle those questions within yourself, it also helps to write letters to each of your babies, as I'm experiencing now - their spirits may still be with you somehow
    numommyto1

Answer by numommyto1 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• ive never been through that because its just not something i could ever do but i admire your strength and i hope you get through this...((((hugs)))
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• These are all normal questions. If you haven't talked to a professional, I really think that you should. Sometimes these kind of emotions can make life hard and to let them build up inside isn't good at all. I wish you the best :)
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree with Leigh, talking to a counselor or something would be very beneficial to you.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• there is always a reason for everything and God has a perfect plan for all of us....
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had one years ago. I've felt guilty about it a few times over the years but I know it was the best choice for me so I've been able to move on.

Please talk to a professional if these feelings continue and you're unable to cope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2010