What adoption agencies has everyone gone through?

I've tried working with the state but Montana says there are no kids under the age of 6 for adoption.

Now my husband and I are thinking about working with an agency, have you worked with any? If so which ones and how was your experience?

Thanks!

mama_erin

Asked by mama_erin at 12:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Adoption

• I went through american adoptions when i was 18 and had my first child adopted out. I would NOT recommend them though. I heard from a dear friend who had he first child adopted out shes much older now about 50 but she went throguh called love basket .... http://www.lovebasket.org/InterestedinAdopting/AdoptionAssistance/tabid/127/Default.aspx theres he link and she really appreciated the way they treated her and listened to what she wanted but i must also say having myself been through giving a child up through adoption.... it is very hard.... you dont quiet know how hard until the papers are signed i still have bad days... well anyways there are options.... so im just saying well anyways i hope this helped but i had alot of problems with american adoptions and id just not use them if i were to give my opinion wish you the best of luck you can pm me if you would like to know anything else
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• oops i didnt read the whole things but still please be open to what the person would like when they are giving you this special gift because its very hard and dont think because they request pictures and everything that they are trying to be too involved in your life and if you do go through american adoptions try to please please keep your word to whomever gives you this wonderfully specail gift
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• agreed...we adopted our DS and have an open adoption. So many arents have watched too many made for TV movies and are afraid the birth parents will take them back etc. We went through a VERY small agency which services CT, NY and MA ONLY (FCA) which is why it is sig. cheaper than others. They were AMAZING.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I used Adoptions from the Heart
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 4:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We went through the state of Alabama. I had an friend of a friend call the next county from us and they told her it was impossible to get an infant for adoption. Even though they may have a reason to say that, it is a lie. All of my foster parent friends have adopted an infant. Our 3 we adopted were 2,3, and 4 when we got them. I just didn't care to have an infant myself. Small children are in abundance here. My oldest son is 12 and he is a foster child. His mother is due in Dec with #6 and I don't think she is even gonna get to keep her. If not, they will call me asking if I will take her and all I actually take is older children. There are just so many children that need a home locally, I didn't even think of adopting from an agency or internationally. (My DH also aged out of the foster care system, so you can kind of see that is where my heart is to begin with)
    nei-nei

Answer by nei-nei at 9:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have 2 children adopted from Ethiopia through the Gladney Center for Adoption which is based in Ft. Worth, TX but serves all of the U.S. They are experienced, caring and are there to support you and your children for life. They don't ditch you when the process is complete.
    abbybrown001

Answer by abbybrown001 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We went through Open Adopt and Family Services. It's an open adoption agency based in Washington and Oregon, but has adoptive families from everywhere.
    Mammoo

Answer by Mammoo at 1:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We adopted through www.adoptionbabylink.com. We were matched in 5 1/2 weeks. She is phenomenal!
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• adoptuskids.org

national directory of available kids in foster care.  You do not have to adopt from your own state.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i am a birthmom i am using reachsource right now. she is great.
    sttawardnas

Answer by sttawardnas at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010