Items you can't live without for baby and you

Can you give me items that you used during and after pregnancy that you now think you couldn't live without. For example, once the babay was born, you realized Diaper Genie was a life saver or a specific cold remedy, thermometer, cream...ANYTHING!!

wpured

Asked by wpured at 8:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lavender and chamomile lotion by baby magic. Extra pacifiers!! LOL A pacifier with built in therometer. A swing. Nursing gowns...just ones that buttoned up the front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I bought a swing that can change the direction from side to side to back and forth. I LOVE IT!!!!! the swing plays music and keeps her attention when i need a little time.
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The ultimate crib sheet. It is a dead simple way to make sure your baby sleeps on clean sheets.
    momwirad

Answer by momwirad at 9:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Thermometer and vaseline (to take rectal temps), bottles, pacifiers (we use the kind the hosp. gives), baby spoons, baby bowls, diapers, wipes, changing pad/table, crib, LOTS of bibs, onsies, clothes, baby hangers, diaper pail, baby bath and shampoo, baby nail clippers/scizzors, diaper rash ointment, baby nose spray and the aspirator/squeegee thing for the nose, diaper bag, formula dispenser for travel, carseat, highchair, etc.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My boppy we loved it, it was the kind that also had a play mat. We never used our diaper genie. We used pacifiers and a breast pump if you are going to BF get a breast pump and one set of bottles. The baby swing my daughter slept in that for the first couple months when she wasn't sleeping with me. I never ended up using the changing table mostly just out pad from the diaper bag.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• a bassinet that had a swing in it...it was my lifesaver the first 6 weeks when he wouldnt sleep for long and being in his big crib scared him. I kept it next to my bed so he was right there while I slept(made for all the waking up to make sure he was breathing a lot easier!) I also loved using the Close and Secure Sleeper when I put him on the couch
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• oh yea... and a body pillow while i was pregnant and my sons changing table serves as extra storage
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I couldn't live without the boppy pillow or baby swing. As my son got a little older, the exersaucer was a lifesaver... he LOVED to stand and play in that thing!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Boudreaux's Butt Cream.
    mckmas

Answer by mckmas at 3:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2008