Husband being promoted and needs to be with someone equal as him , in employment , just because you are a sahm. Do you feel this is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• i dont even understand what you are asking
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i can't say if that is wrong or not if he feels that way but in our household my husband would prefer that i stay at home and nurture his children while he worked. no matter what status he is in his company. these are the roles we play. if i have to work i get what i can with my education and it doesn't matter to him more so then for me how much i want to get paid at my new job.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Sorry I'm not sure I understand either. Are you sayin that your husband wants you to get a job because he has one? He doesn't take your role as a SAHM seriously? Then get a job and tell him he's going to do half the house work too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Is he planning on leaving you to be someone equal to his status? Or asking you to become equal to his status? I can understand you'd be visibly upset if he was planning on leaving but rephrasing your question would help us help you.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm with Feesharose, my husband and I both work, and we both do half the housework and 'nurturing' of kids, and it works great!!!!!!!!!!

I can see if your husband doesn't take SAHM seriously, like if you're not doing housework and the place is a huge dump when he gets home.
    Anonymous

• rephrase your question so we can understand and offer some sort of feedback (said with love)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree....Please rephrase your question becuase a lot of SAHM's here would love to try to help you.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Or NOT!
    Anonymous