Communicating with my baby's spirit adult content

I just recently had a miscarriage for the first time... so I'm quite emotional right now. However, my husband and 2 yr old son seem to often feel the presence of the baby's spirit. My son will wake up in the middle of the night and without saying a word he will playfully smile and wave at the wall... My husband has a gift for holding conversations with his desceased Grandmother so it only makes sense that he would now of course, be able to speak with and hear our unborn daughter as he used to while she was in my womb. I cannot feel her presence like he can nor can I see her like my son can.

Is it possible that I will ever be able to communicate with her and if so, are there any tips you might have that would help to open that line of communication with the spirit of the child I'll never get to hold...

numommyto1

Asked by numommyto1 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are still grieving. Yes it was your husbands baby too but it was in your body. You need to remember that you did nothing wrong to miscarry and your unborn baby changed her mind. Probably will come back to you when she's ready. Open your mind. Meditate, try and picture what she would have looked like and maybe that can help her come though to you. Maybe one day when your husband is talking to her you can ask him what she is saying and talk with her though him at first and take down the walls of communication. Maybe SHE is not ready to come to you because she feels bad for changing her mind. I'm sorry for your loss and hope this helps. OM me if you need a friend.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• PM* Sorry my 2 year old was bugging me to put on her shows lol.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Honey, I am so sorry for your loss...and I know after my miscarraige I would have done anything to see or hear from my baby. I don't think there is anything you can do, though. In my beliefs, when people die, they rest until Jesus returns. I really do not believe it is possible to talk to the dead, but if it makes your husband feel better than more power to him. Maybe you shoudl pray...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 1:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have have had three miscarriages myself. I have seen my babies but have never been able to talk to them. I know what you are going through though. Sometimes we are to close to a situation to really see. if that makes sence. It took me a long time before I could see them. I can't tell you if you will ever see her or even talk to her. But for me and my situation it was comfort for me just to know that my babies were in heaven with God. It took me a long time to get over the first miscarriage and I blamed God for that one. THen I realized that blaming God was hurting me because it was preventing him from working within my life. With the Help of my grandmother I realized that. Soon after I became pregnant again. Yes I lost that one to. But I did not blame God. Instead I embraced him and let him help me through it. Soon after I had my baby a little girl. That was over 20 years ago. Now I have two other kids.
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• @ momof3josephs: I appreciate your advice, I do... but as I'm reading up on what a spirit is and combining that with how God was able to leave his spirit with us on earth (according to Christianity) I am lead to believe that the spirit is what animates or gives the body life- so in my mind tshe's still here in spirit (as the unseen world is mroe real than we can possibly imagine...)

Its not only a comfort for us to know this as our discovered truth, its a hope that one day I will see her and hold her in my arms.
    numommyto1

Comment by numommyto1 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• OP, I agree a soul is like energy and energy does not just stop! I fell my grandpa sometimes as though he were standing right beside me. I know when I was in the hospital recently my great grandma was there making sure I was OK I felt her! I know right before she passed she said she saw my grandma(her Son in law grandma's husband who passed 6 months before) and he said "It's OK MOM." She passed 3 days later. She knew it was OK and that she had her son in law, her husband, and her son who passed at 18 waiting for her. I know that they are waiting for me too.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i can only tell u how i do it..i have always been able to talk to the deceased..but to get deeper into u can do this thru meditation an focus on the particular person u want to see or commune with...just b prepared
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i'm sorry for your loss. Keep the faith.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010