labor

I mite sound crazy, but im looking forward to feeling the labor pains lol! I know ill probably go insane and not take it, but its like idk a adrenaline rush for me! This is my 1st and i have no idea lol! anyone else feel this way or think im crazy? (no rudeness please!)

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I thought the labor was amazing, I enjoyed the labor just as much, if not more than the pregnancy itself. I had an epi - even though it was only for about an 1.5 but it was the best and most rewarding pain I've ever felt in my life and I mean lol believe me its the worst pain I've ever felt but would do it again without question. The labor was absolutely amazing and I can't wait to experience again.
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i feel the same way im due in 9 days and anytime i feel a pain or a movement i get nervous and try to think about what it will feel like and how im going to handle it. im just waiting for the day that the real contractions start! good luck
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LOL! When I had my son almost 7 yrs ago I looked forward to it too, but couldn't handle it...lol so I ended up with an epidural. I am due with my 2nd child in January and strangely enough I am looking forward to it too! Even though I know i probably won't be able to handle it yet again. Goodluck!
    kimberly1981

Answer by kimberly1981 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't think you're crazy :) with all my pregnancies, the thought of labor was exciting...not for the pain, but more or less that it means baby is coming out! :)
    Anonymous

• lol! i dont know i dont like pain, but i can handle it! but whith this i have no clue ill probably end up with the epi also! if its that painful and there is medication thats safe for baby why not instead of layin there takin the pain lol!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i don't think you're crazy, it's those pains that make it real and make you realize that you are going to hold your baby in your arms very soon. I ended up having to get a c-section b/c my labor wasn't progressing and I felt like i got jipped! I wanted to experience giving birth and everything that went with it, even the pain! good luck mama!
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 3:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i dont like pain.. but with my first i had an epidual and was disappointed cause i wanted to feel something this time around i am aiming for IV meds only and hopefully i can handle it i will be taking some birthing classes too hopefully they help!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I felt alot like that when i waz really close to having my daughter. it actually helps alot when you really are in labor so be thankful for it!! i think it has alot to do with being exited also. i was so exited about getting to see and hold my baby that the pain really was more of an exitement and adreniline. Good Luck!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008