Do you sit with your family during dinner?

I make dinner but I sit sepreately! I am tired. I just want to enjoy my food. I also multi task. When you sit at the table all you can do is eat.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We always sit together as a family for our meals.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Always. But of course my time is less than everybody elses :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yep we always all sit at a table unless its a snack and then no but meals yes
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 6 of my 7 kids and and sometimes the 7th one with her husband, my DH and I always have dinner together. Friday is an exception because DH and twin 9-yr-olds are in soccer practice and usually have dinner there after practice.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 1:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• we are all in the area, at the island in the kitchen in the living room. Not so much at the table very often.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yes. i enjoy having us all together at the table. i enjoy a meal more if i can share it with them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• our kitchen is to small for us to sit and eat so we sit in the living room. I do understand op I have been the same way, I would wait til the kids were asleep and then i would enjoy my cooking in peace and quiet
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Most of the time I do. But, sometimes, I go down to the family room to sit in the recliner because I have a broken foot & it needs to be up as much as possible. However, we have a split level house, so I'm still pretty close to them at the table, just down a few steps & we are still able to communicate as usual.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• we eat together at dinnertime every night. unless i'm not hungry then i'll still sit and talk to my kids while they eat and i just go and eat something small later.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010