Duragesic 25mcg/h patches

I have recently been Rx'd these meds. They are a very potent narcotic pain medication.
Stupidly, I waited until I actually had some pain before I put one on, and now I'm wondering how long the patches take to kick in. The FDA's website says 12-18 hours, and that's just unpalatable to me.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these, and if so, are there any ways I can hasten onset? I am out of my regular medications, and anything OTC will be bullied around by what I'm dealing with.

Jenny-talia

Asked by Jenny-talia at 1:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• WOW....what kind of pain are you in? if you dont mind...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Without going into too many details, I'm moderately bionic. =) Had a serious accident as a teen, and they pulled a 6 Million Dollar Man on me...except when they rebuilt me, I wasn't better, stronger, or faster.
    I've run the gamut of pain management, from 80mg Oxycontin three times a day to 100mg MS Contin every four hours. I am trying to save up enough money to have a morphine pump installed. The procedure will easily top 20 grand, but it will place a device within the small of my back that will circulate morphine into my CSF, allowing it to bind with my opiate receptors without getting me high. Jerry Lee Lewis has one and calls it the greatest invention of mankind.
    The situation is I had to hold off on filling the script for the patches due to a lack of money (this shit ain't cheap y'all!), and in that time I ran out of everything else.
    Jenny-talia

Comment by Jenny-talia (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010