Moms with children who have ADHD...

How do you remain Sane?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• I keep on telling myself "He is a good boy. He just doesn't have control. It's not his fault. I need to teach him control."

Another thing I do is focus on the positive points. My son is really creative, loving, intelligent, etc. There are good moments, even on days when he's been his worst. I hold onto those and I let him know how much I love those moments.

Just remember, it does get better. They say that around puberty they really calm down. I can't wait for puberty!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I f at all possible seperate the two of yu when it really gets bad..my adhd child is 16 and we are still having problems but they are nothing like they were. Keep your head up there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i think adhd is crap. i think its just an excuse for parents to say their kids have adhd when in reality they are royaly spoiled brats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If you had a child with adhd you would not think its crap or an excuse. My daughter is 8 and has adhd, she has trouble focusing in school becasuse she is so easily distracted and forgetful. My husband and i have chosen not to put her on any medication at this time but do see a psychologist about once a month. So far the best thing that is working is putting a little of what she enjoys ( art) into her daily activities.
    mum2b2009

Answer by mum2b2009 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• ADHD is a medical disorder. Best to consult with your pediatrician and school psychologist in your school district for assistance. It made a world of difference for my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2008