Do you thin Mc Cain would have done any better? How?

I don't think that the state this country was in two years ago, anyone would have done any better. I think what's happening to our country now is inevitable. It cam from years of abuse of funds money and bad choices.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK. I don't usually waste my time on 'coulda, woulda, shoulda'. I would have to hope that had he been elected that he wouldn't have spent the kind of money that Obama has, but unfortunately it's hard to say since Bush set the pace. Obama got carried away with it. I think that it's entirely possible that something like this had to happen for the American voters to wake up and start watching was Washington is doing and start making their voices heard (and for some of us - making our voices louder). If something like this had to happen to get the voters more engaged and informed, then I suppose it might be worth it in the end (I have to hope).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• He may not have been able to do much because there is still a Democrat majority but he sure as hell wouldn't have done as much damage.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope. The US economy is affected by global issues as well as practices within. No magic Republican, Democrat or Inde wand will instantaneously fix what ails us-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You know what I can't understand ? why are people fighting against not denying children health care- what is wrong with that?What's wrong with being green and building our infrastructure?Our building bridges and highways are falling apart.

emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Where do you live where your infrastructure is falling apart? I keep hearing this, but our roads our in great shape.
    also, no one is fighting against giving little kids healthcare. There already existed programs to take care of under privileged children.

No one is fighting against being green, either. I'm guessing you're talking about the cap and trade bill, which really didn't do anything green, all it did was charge businesses more money.

Not to mention the deficit that Obama tripled with all these programs that you love so much? Your great, great granddaughter will be paying for these things. Make sure you say thank you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• lovinangels- http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2009/11/cant-do-America-a-country-falling-apart-literally/.

I live in Florida , but lived in NYC all my life- the train system, bridges, and road- as in many major cities are more than 100 years old. They are falling apart. I work in a hospital , kids are denied. They are denied procedures and eventually kicked out. Do you think people would make this up? I am talking about- Republicans who kept saying drill baby drill. I don't think that is very green. What about turbines , clean energy, finding and creating new clean resources. While Sarah Palin was screaming out - there is nothing wrong in drilling. - don't you think your grand daughter will pay for all of more if nothing was done?

emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think there are many things that McCain would have done better. He is more fiscally conservative, he understands a show of strength is the best deterent, and he understands the military machine. He wasn't excited about the stimulus and would have handled all of that differently. Not to mention the whole UHC fiasco. Yeah, he would have done better. He would have made mistakes just like us all, but not those.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• ***deterrent***
    jesse123456

• Wasn't Mccain the one who tried to get out of a presidential debate because he needed to attend a metting about a stimulis that would effect the United states in a big way?
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No, he was already speaking of action being taken against Iran. Having 3 ongoing wars would have only further devastated our nation. Made us WEAKER and more BROKE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010