CAn PP depression only affect your feelings toward one child and can it last 6 years?

I love my 1st but not like my second. I LOVE my second dearly. I wouldn't want anything to happen to my first but I LOVE it when he stays with his Grand Parents and I only have my second child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• only you know how you feel
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I highly doubt the issue is PPD. Honestly, I think it's messed up to outwardly play favorites. Maybe you don't mean to, but I am willing to bet your first child absolutely knows you feel. It's not normal to feel that way.
    Please go see a therapist before you do any more damage.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No this is definitely not normal. You are not doing either child any favors by playing favorites. I would seek help....your poor children. :(
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• OMG I treat them the exact same. I'm not stupid. The other ones goes and stay at the grand parents to. I just don't miss the first one. I act like I did though. I am quite the actress really. they have no idea.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sounds to me like you have some major issues. You need to talk to someone professional about this.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Why should I talk to someone...you said it's not PPD and I told you no one is getting hurt... Got my answer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No this is serious. You should not be feeling that way, do they have different dad's? Are they really far apart in age? Was your younger child an easier pregnancy/labor/baby? It doesn't sound like PPD, but it does sound serious. I think you should really seek counseling before you really mess up this kid. Kids are way more perceptive than you could ever imagine. I'm sure he knows it, and if he/she acts out more it's possibly because you are not as good of an actress as you seem to think.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010