Stay at home moms, what do you do to keep busy besides the kids and housework?

Do you have a hobby, volunteer, work at home, etc?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 1:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i crochet! Hoping to get some projects finished and sell them online. I also sew a little bit. sooo many projects in my head it's overwhelming
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i work at home. i do medical coding / billing for a doctor. it's easy and i can work whenever i choose to. that keeps me buys while my son is in school.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 1:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I knit, read, watch movies, and I'm doing online school this semester.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i do not understand. the housework and kids keep me more than busy to have time for anything else. but when the kids are in bed and the house is clean and i either miraculously have all the laundry done or just am putting it off, i love to scrapbook.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've been getting really invested in cooking new stuff. so I research recipies a lot, and spend quite a bit of time trying to combine ingredients to make things cheaper. other than that, I clean a lot lol. the house is super tidy and I deep clean everything once a week. next year I'm prolly gonna be taking online classes, though.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 2:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I love to cook and bake, scrapbook, sew, make hairbows, and I love to read. Seems like I'm always busy with the kids and housework, so I don't have as much free time as I used to.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 2:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Housework is enough to keep me busy all of the time. But I also bake and crochet when I get time. A book here or there. Then driving little ones to and from school. Then time in the classroom. Somehow it all keeps me very busy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I volunteer for a local thrift store that is run by volunteers and the profits go to our little community hospital and nursing home. I also volunteer in my sons classroom, I do want to learn how to crochet and would like to take an evening class to learn. i also bake and spend a little to much time playing games on Facebook
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I started my own business! With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 2:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Between 2 kids with Autism, cooking, cleaning, laundry...I don't know have much time for anything else.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010