When for the family what do you do to keep cool?...ugh!!!

this morning everyone wanted pancakes so I started to prepare to make some I'd say about 10 mins. Into making them I started to sweat I had the vent on to suck up all the slightly smoke and heat and even brought a fan in the kitchen oh and I also had the ceiling fan on I had to have them on low bc it would interfere with the flame :/
Then the smoke detector went off which was annoying but thankful we have one ;)

Anyway what do you do to keep cool in the kitchen?

Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• I have a fan..

Seriously, my "own personal summers" (hot flashes.. lol) hit often when cooking.. I not only get so hot I sweat, I get to where it's hard to breathe really. Just feel stifled because of the heat.. So I have fan a fan (not just a vent) going whenever I'm in the kitchen cooking, not just for the cooler air but also for the circulation. Sometimes the circulation of air affects me more than just the coolness level of the air (if that makes any sense.. lol)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Stay out of the kitchen! lol I wish! I don't have a vent. I have a ceiling fan and when its hot it doesn't do too much. I have no choice. Try making things that don't require cooking on the stove top or in the oven.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Buy frozen premade!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 3:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010