When would be the best time to call the biological father and update him???

when me and my ex broke up he really hasn't called to check on me and make sure the preganacy is going good!!! so when should i call him and let him know something??? or should I???

kaitie_bug

Asked by kaitie_bug at 3:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't bother. if he's not interested, no point in forcing the issue. I wouldn't even name him on the birth certificate if it were me.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If he left he does not care that much don't give him the satisfaction! Good Luch though sweetie
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would'nt call at all. If he does'nt care you can't make him care. If you need to make contact for your sake do it after the baby is born. Let him know the baby was born, they were healthy and that you will discontinue communication unless something pertinent comes up like a need for a medical record.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i wouldn't. if he wanted to know he would contact you. it's that simple.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I wouldnt. he obviously doesnt care. if he wanted to know, he would get a hold of you. Sounds like you can just worry about you and the baby.. leave him behind.
    Anonymous

• I think I'd call him when the baby is born to let him know where to mail the support checks.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• don't bother. I had the same thing happen, and I drove myself crazy bending over backwards to accomodate him! Now I wish I had never updated him or anything. He'd prolly hae just fallen out of the picture entirely and I wouldn't have to share my baby girl with him. Not that he sees her much anyway... But not making hm be involved, not updating him, will allow you to prepare to do it without him. Don't tell him when you go into labor, nothing! It'll save you a lot of heartache and headache later
    MammaCat

Answer by MammaCat at 8:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• if he doesnt care enough to be around or check up on you then dont make it easy for him....if you call him hes going to get the impression you want him back and that this is your way of showing him....my father raised me and men have very warped minds...he taught me about everything from the guys point of view
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 2:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i went thru this too...at one point my daughters dad was trying to deny her when he was the one that cheated....if you have a lil boy raise him right....we dont need any more morons in this world
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 3:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldnt call him, if he wants to be involved then he will call you is how i look at it. that was the way i did with my sons bio. He knew i was pregnate. he called a few times i never called him. he saw his son once when he was a month old and that was the end of it, has nnever seen him since and now he is 4.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 4:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2008