Worried about my sons teeth...

My 7-1/2 year old has such tiny, perfectly straight teeth. Just in the past few months, he has lost his first two teeth ~ on the bottom. Now that the big teeth are coming in, they are very crooked. It looks as though two teeth are coiming into a spot only big enough for one... I have always been concerned about this as his baby teeth are so tiny. He doesn't go to the dentist until November. Not quite sure if there is any kind of question in here!!! Just worried he is going to have to have teeth pulled or lots of dental stuff done in the years to come! Anyone else have this situation??

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 1:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• try not to worry..if there is a problem u an the dentist will fig out...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• That's what I'm afraid of ~ LOL!!
    jekrmom

Comment by jekrmom (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't stress out about it. Sometimes teeth come in looking weird, but straighten themselves out. I had braces for 6 years, I had baby teeth pulled to make room for adult teeth, had my wisdom teeth taken out early to make room for adult teeth and my jaw widened. It wasn't nearly as horrible as some people make it out to be or as it sounds.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Don't worry they will all line up onces they are in. They are bigger teeth squeezing into a small space, but they know what they are doing, unless he will require ortho, but if you and his father have good teeth, chances are he will too.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My older son had perfectly straight, beautiful baby teeth. When he lost them and the adult teeth first started coming in, I was disappointed to see how crooked and crammed in they were. Now he's 8 years old and although they're still pretty crooked and the teeth look too big for his mouth, his mouth is growing and some of them are starting to even out a bit. I fully expect that he will need braces, but I'm not as worried about him needing teeth pulled first.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My son's teeth grew in a little crooked until more baby teeth fell out to make room. He has a beautiful smile now without any help from an Orthodontist.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think the most he'll have to worry about is a spacer
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think he's a little young to be worrying about braces
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Your Dentist will tell you next visit.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• His mouth will continue to grow to make room for his bigger teeth. They may start out crooked looking, but will shift a lot as he grows. Don't even worry about it unless it impedes his eating or talking. When he's done losing and regrowing teeth, get braces if they're still crooked, but that's not for a few years. The dentist may try to put braces on him when he's too young and not even done growing his teeth because hey, they cost a lot, and the doc will make good money off you.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010