help me save my skillet

ok i did a very dumb thing. i made myself some home fries about a week ago. i always saute the potatoes in a little margarine, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. well i forgot to turn the burner off, something i never do (electric burner btw) and just forgot about it for god only knows how long, at least a couple hours...when i went back to the kitchen the inside of the skillet was black with the residue from the seasonings and magarine and i can't get the residue off. i've scrubbed the crap out of it, tried soaking it in boiling soap water and nothing at all. it's like it became one with the skillet. there has to be a way to get this crap off....help??? oh and it's a non stick skillet, i figure thats a factor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Is it non-stick...if so then there's not much else to do. If not he you can use a brillo pad on it and some heavy duty pot cleaner. It's hard to find but it's at almost any store.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would just let it soak for 1 day or 2 with dish soap then try again it took atleast a couple of hours or more to get like that so now you'd have to reverse what happened with all that stuck on burned stuff I know it will come off and don't be so rough on it try using those plastic mesh pads or those green sandpaper looking pads but scrub gently. GL I believe we'ved saved your skillet ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Let it soak in hot soapy water for a couple of day's , put the pan with the soapy water on the burner and keep it there until it boils, Take it to the sink "SHUT OF YOUR BURNER" LOL cool it down with cool water and scrub again, if it don't come off then, I don't know any other way hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i kno it sounds crazy but soak it all night in water n throw a few dryer sheets in with it
    ilovehersomuch

Answer by ilovehersomuch at 2:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• use a baking soda paste?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I was gonna recommend using a scouring pad or brillo but you're not supposed to use that on nonstick pans i would let it soak and gradually it should come off
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Try using a BBQ Grill Cleaner Spray. Let that sit for a few ours then clean. Do that a few times...hope this helps
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• http://www.ehow.com/how_6460606_clean-burned_-non-stick-pan.html
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010