Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Best Options for Constipation?

Hey. I've been constipated for about 6 days now, and for the past month, have had issues with Diahrea. I'm at my wits end, because I'm tired of cramping and its starting to affect my eating because I dont know what's causing it. I thought it was Dairy, so I stopped eating it, and still was running to the bathroom in pain. I thought it was bread, so I stopped eating wheat, still was going to the bathroom. Thought it was sugar substitues and still was going. and when I'm not running to the bathroom, I dont go at all for a week. This week has been the longest week. (6 days). I think I might have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, does this sound about right? And if you have it, what were the options you used to provide relief and not constant pain? And what are some things ya'll tried that worked for constipation? ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• aloe juice. i don't know what stores you can get it at but i know you can order it from MarketAmerica.com
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Does that give you any cramps?
    Anonymous

• no, not at all. it is the easiest on your body, they have strawberry kiwi flavor and pomegranite flavor. the strawberry/kiwi is great. but no cramping and it's a natural juice
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Upping your intake of fruit will help immensely.

I know what you mean when you thoguht it was one thing and then you thoguth it was another. It could possibly be them all or a combinations.

I do not eat dairy, wheat or meat and my symptoms have completely gone. I eat a lot of fruit which I think helps immensely and also has combatted my asthma.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Ok...will that new V8 juice that mixes a days serving of vegetable and fruit help? I heard activia helps too! But imma look into that aloe juice. But I LOVE DAIRY!! LOVE CHEESE!! lol...I LOVE PIZZA!! But I honestly dont think its that, because I started drinking LacTaid and I still was running...now I dont drink or eat Dairy at all...well I had 2 pieces of pizza, but it didn't have alot of cheese on it....Does Soy milk taste any good?
    Anonymous

• I am not suggesting you cut that all out. But what I found was for me that dairy was definitely a no no....however with wheat it seemed to be ok sometimes and not others and I think this was a result of how I was combining it with other things. Liek if I had eaten meat and pasta together I would have an upset. So you could look into food combining.

I would eat fresh fruits and vegetables as opposed to V8. Eat your fruits at the beginning of meals too because it digests quickly and is better on your stomach.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Drink more water. If you need a supplement I would recommend Colace or magnesium citrate. I usually buy the lemon flavor (their all gross) and mix it with orange juice. I generally have relief within the hour. I never tried Aloe Juice but I'll look into that.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 4:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• the aloe juice is best to take before bed and in the morning you will go. it own't be runny and won't be painful. it was just be smooth, only way i can describe it. look on that site and search for Ultimate Aloe. I love it, it's great
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I JUST left you a message SMWOODS. When you have a minute jump on my page?
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 4:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Eat oatmeal, fruit, water, high fiber when all fails coffee and prunes always work!
    Naturalmomto3

Answer by Naturalmomto3 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008