Thanks for the answers! But now I have another question lol... is it safe to be even be near the catbox? Our catboxes are in both of our bathrooms.

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard that it is a problem to enter a room with a cat box. Ask your OB to be sure.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i actually read that it is very difficult to get that disease or whatever it is from scooping cat litter. it actually has to come in contact iwth your mouth. who knows though. i'm sure you'd be fine, but if it makes you nervous, move them.
    Anonymous

• id move them just to be safe,or keep them in a venualted area,turn on exhaust fans or keep the door open so the smell isnt staying in their with you
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i have our catbox in the laundry room because i dont like the smell of it period.. so its up to u if u have morning sickness it may help to move them they can make u feel worse!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first the bathroom was the only place for our litter box- so thats where it stayed...I didn't have any problems from it- but I also never touched it! If you can move it into a less used space that would be better- if not, I really wouldn't stress over it too much.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Most of the time, you can only get it from ingesting diseased fecal matter. However, with that in mind, the smell will KILL you first thing in the morning. Ensure also that is something you consider when you baby proof later.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm not really sure, but when I was pregnant with my 1st, I threw the cat box away and made the cats start going outside. I figure better safe than sorry.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 3:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• yes its fine if the cat box is in the bathroom - i dont suggest moving them especially if you have male cats - they will start peeing everywhere *especially on new things* (like baby stuff!)
    if the litter box is cleaned before it makes you want to toss your cookies you should be just fine
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'd use the feline pine litter cause it isn't smelly like the other crappy litter. It is made of like organic stuff and turns to like wet saw dust after they pee. You can go to any pet store or maybe cheaper at Walmart. It isn;t like dusty either. I know it would be better with a baby around too
    Anonymous