Baby Wearing?

ok so i am planning on wearing my baby but i have not decided which carrier i like best.
First i do NOT like the snuggly or the babybjorn.
now what works best?
The ultimate baby wrap?
The ring style sling?
The pouch style sling?
If you have worn your baby with one of these please let me know what you think. Also i have already looked in to geting either the ring sling or pouch sling made costume for my body.

SarahMerritt_22

Asked by SarahMerritt_22 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have a ring sling, a pouch sling and a mei tai...I tried out a friends wrap, but I think they are obnoxiously hot for the summer, and I didn't think they were that comfortable,

I liked the pouch sling the best for the first 6 months--it was just cozier, and she fit better, the ring sling for 6-12 months--adjustable is better once they get squiggly and you can let them sit in it more easily, and the mei tai for any backpacking babywearing.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 3:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I liked my mobi wrap. very versitile, works well at any age. check out wearyourbaby.com
    Anonymous

• I just got a ring sling recently, and I LOVE it! You can learn how to make your own at http://www.sweetthingsbabyslings.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had a pouch sling and liked it. I didn't use it as much when she was tiny but used it to a lot when she was a little bigger and able to sit up on her own. At that point, I used it as a hip carrier - her butt went in the pouch. She really liked it since she could look around on walks and I really liked it since I had my hands. Mine was from www.slinglings.com.
    I had a Bjorn too. It was OK when she was tiny but the bigger she got, the more my back hurt.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• And you might find this website helpful:
    http://www.thebabywearer.com/

It's a discussion forum about baby wearing with user reviews of nearly everything out there.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i would think a ring sling with a longer tail will be your best bet so you can adjust it to fit better as baby grows
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008