my daughter is pegioned toed.....

my dautghter is a year and a half and she walkes pegioned toed.... can i fix that????? if so..... how can i do soo?????

ilovehersomuch

Asked by ilovehersomuch at 2:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have no idea but I think the first step in figuring it out would be talking to her pediatrician.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can try to massage her legs like move her legs towards outward that way as time goes by her legs will face forward...GL
    Her legs and muscles are still soft so as you slowly train them they will be straight.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• She needs to see a pediatrician or a podiatrist, it can be corrected.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• her daycare teacher said buy the next size up sneaker and put them on backwards do yu guys think thats a good idea???????
    ilovehersomuch

Comment by ilovehersomuch (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The opposite sneaker idea is an old one. Talk to your pediatrician.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Put her shoes on the wrong feet and as she grows it will help straighten them out. Also talk to your doctor to see what other things you can do
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My DD is pigeon toed she is 3 yrs old i took her to her Dr for a check up and now she is in physical therapy cause she has low muscle tone that's the reason she is pigeon toed. I would ask her Dr.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You need to take her to a doctor! Do not try any home remedies, you can make it worse and hurt her, Shoes on backwards is insane and so is the shoes on the wrong feet. Go see a professional.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Oh my son was pigeon-toed as well! And bow-legged, haha, poor thing ;-). I asked the pediatrician at his 18 month well-baby check. She watched him run, and felt his hips and legs. She said he'd grow out of it - and he did, in the month following. So yes - check with you pediatrician before trying anything at home. (I had heard about the opposite shoe trick, too, but to do it only if prescribed by the doc!)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'd ask her pedi
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010