When you send a CM invite to someone do you say why you want to be friends...

or do you use the basic greeting? I get a ton of those and I hate being rude but I have no idea why these women want to be my friend. Like okay we have stuff in common...Great...Like what?? lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hahaha OP, I was wondering the SAME thing. Like, why do you want to be my friend? What DO we have in common?? and oh yeah, after I accept your friend request, why don't you ever message me or even write in my chatter box?! LOL
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I NEVER use the basic greeting, and most the time don't accept it if someone sends me the basic greeting... I have no idea why there is even a basic greeting, I mean, we all know they didn't write it, it's not like they are being that nice, they are just to lazy to give you a shout and let you know why they are inviting you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I always put in a personal message. I don't just pick random people for an invite either LOL. It's nice to know WHY someone sent you an invite :)
    Mommyathome2

Answer by Mommyathome2 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It all depends. Most of the people that I friend are people I know in real life so there is no need for an explanation. Otherwise I usually explain why, such as we have things in common we live in the same area or things like that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I always add a personal note it seems so much nicer that way
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I also use my own personal note, and if I get one with the standard, I reply as to why they want to be friends whereby I don't know them, if I respond at all.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It takes interaction on here for a long time before I'll send a request, by then both of us "know" each other. I usually accept all the requests I get, then wind up unfriending when a person spams.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've done both. Sometimes I want to be some bodys friend on here because of their questions, or answers.They just seem like someone who I'd get along with. A few friends on here & some giggles doesn't mean I'm coming for dinner! I have friends in the real world, just trying to be nice.
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 2:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I always type something special, unless I already know the person IRL or from Facebook. Also, I usually don't accept friend requests if someone just uses the generic greeting. I don't really know why - I guess I'm a little picky about my friends. :-/

CMcLaws

Answer by CMcLaws at 3:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I wish I had the energy.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010