How does your personal belief system account for things like dark matter and dark energy?

Do you think your outlook truly allows for the inclusion of the entire universe and all it contains or is it truly Earth-centric?

For those unfamiliar, please read this:
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm answering this now so I can come back after the cold medicine wears off and give it some decent attention. It's a great question.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Honestly, it's not really something I've ever thought to much about... I'll have to read through the article and see what I think...

What I will say, before reading the article, is that generally, the negative in necessary in order for there to be the positive... All things require balance, without one, we can't have the other...

Now, I'll go read...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Since I don't really follow a belief system at this point and time in my life.. I can't say yes or no to that.. Just that I accept these things as part of the universe in which I live.. lol

With that said. I was raised a Hindu. And yes those things are recognized in the Hindu belief system. Because all the universe(s) everything in the realm of our knowledge and beyond is a part of Brahma. The universe (in HIndu mythos) is merely a pore of Brahma (not actually physically, but that is the correllation given to show that Brahma IS all, and ALL is part of Brahma in the universe, including the universe itself). The HIndu belief system as many aspects that are very rooted in physics/science . Even though during the neolithic age (Hinduism can be traced back that far) there was no real understanding of either.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It doesn't really, it's about how we as life-forms appropach the world, not about the world in general.
    Buddhists encourage and embrace science, who could argue with the search for truth?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Do you think your outlook truly allows for the inclusion of the entire universe and all it contains   YES

or is it truly Earth-centric?  Earth-based, but not Earth-centric. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Do you think your outlook truly allows for the inclusion of the entire universe and all it contains ?

Yes....absolutely.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• How does your personal belief system account for things like dark matter and dark energy? I don't know exactly, but then again there is much about God's creation that I have yet to learn. And even if there is no explanation now, that doesn't mean that there isn't one that will be learned later. I neither worry about the inexplicable nor believe that I am owed an explanation. I'm not incontrol anyway. Learning about the creation gives me an opportunity to marvel at God's design. Do you think your outlook truly allows for the inclusion of the entire universe and all it contains? Yes! or is it truly Earth-centric? Geo-centric? no. But the perspective I have is from this position in the universe and thus is limited to what I observe. I can't gain a perspective from from a place that I am incapable of being at.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My belief system absolutely allows for the inclusion of the whole universe. I don't know how my beliefs account for dark matter or energy since we still don't know what it is exactly, but I doubt it would have any effect on my beliefs when we do learn more about the universe. The more we learn the more we find how orderly and mathematically the universe is designed, this has always supported my beliefs
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• the Hindu Cosmology based on Vedanta has more info on the universe than anyone could ever imagine. Hindu's have been excellent astrologers for millennia, they have science & spirit all combined, It's really amazing stuff. Modern physics are parallel to ancient Hindu Cosmology. Dark Matter is the same as "Para Brahma". So ya. It's definitely included in our belief system, it's part of our belief system.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010