how do I lose weight

just wondering, what do you think is the best way to lose weight? I've gained a lot lately, I think mostly because of depression. Since I've had my little girl almost 3 years ago, I've gained 40 lbs, and I'd like to lose it.... what has worked for you? (My normal is 130, I now am 170)

Jabrw0ke

Asked by Jabrw0ke at 3:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm a personal trainer and nutritionist. Cut out ANYTHING with carbonation in it- period. Drink only non carbonated drinks. They deplete muscle tissue, and dehydrate you. Drink at least 1 gal of water daily- and eat 5 SMALL meals a day. (eat an apple for breakfast to increase daily metabolism) also- eat fruit 20 mins before a meal the acids help digest food, and you eat less during meals cause you've already put something on your stomach. If ya need anything else just ask
    kikitty

Answer by kikitty at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• eating healthy.

exercise

vitamins (I take one a day weight loss, equate brand from walmart) & Bcomplex. both raise your metabolism

if your weight gain was from eating all the time due to depression, try to only eat on a schedule. 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Eating lots of fruit - as much as desire before meals.

Exercising - doing something I enjoy - try to find something you enjoy so you will stick to it.

Making sure I get plenty of fresh air and sunlight daily..at least an hour.

Following a diet plan.

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/Diets/WeightLossPrograms.html
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Weight Watchers!!! It's a great program and not fad diet. It's a healthy lifestyle. I have lost 45 pounds twice with Weight Watchers, both times just after having my kids. Whenever I lose track and gain 5 or so pounds, I jump right back onto my plan and lose the weight fast. It really does help to go to the meetings and get tips from the other's. Good luck!
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree with the previous poster. Weight Watchers has helped me a lot. Take a look at the picture at the bottom of my page. You also want to drink a lot of water.

mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 3:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Diet is cursed word. Try thinking more about a life style change. First we need to indentify the culprit. What is making you depressed ? Envision what you would like to look like and plan. There aren't any magical diets out there that are safe. Stay away from processed foods. Eat organic & fresh foods. Organic foods are better because they are not loaded with pesticides that can slow down your metabolism. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water. Finally, Walkng is the best exercise you can start with. Try 10,000 steps a day, and progress as you can tolerate. Buy and inexpensive pedometer to help count your steps. I agree with proudmommy about weight watchers. Keep your chin up :0).. Baby steps..Good Luck!

mommaleen

Answer by mommaleen at 8:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am using a great product from O3World it is a portion control weight loss product and i love it! it has already helped me lose over 5lbs and 5 inches i would love to tell you more about it PM me or check out my site http://www.MyO3World.com/9201360
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Weight Watchers! Its an awesome program that teaches you a life style change to loose the weight & keep it off! Its very easy to follow, even if you dont go to any meetings. Ive been on it for about 5 months now & I have lost almost 40 pounds. 10 lbs a month is what most people who stick with it completely loose! If you have time to exercise, that will just boost your weight loss.
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 3:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008