Transtioning a 3 year old little girl for when her brother is born and how to make her not feel left out?

I am currently 8 half months pergnant and i am expecting a baby boy in 2 half weeks and i am in need of how to keep my daughter from feeling like she being left out and also be able to make time for her. now wondering how can i put this to action now that it's getting close for me to have my son.

MissMandy25

Asked by MissMandy25 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Let her be your helper and feel important like this is her baby too. Get her an I'm the big sis shirt and make sure when baby is napping you are spending quality alone time with her. This happens everyday, she will be fine!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think your daughter will be fine:, maybe jeaulous at times. When my son came up to see me right after the baby was born, I gave him a gift (it was one of those toy dr. kits) and told him it was from his sister, I told him it was to help mommy take care of the baby.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 3:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Throw her a big sister party. Ask someone close to you to organize, she is only 3 so something simple would work well. We did this with our son. And get her a small gift "from the baby" Something that forces you to interact, like a puzzle or something like that. Once a week on the weekend or something have someone close to you ( your partner, your mother) take your son for an hour so you can go get ice cream or something like that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Start a once a week "Mommy & Me" outing... without baby brother. It can be a simple trip to the park but it is just you two. A once a week "Daddy & Me" outing would be great too. When little brother is bigger and able to play - give him his own once a week outing without big sister. This is their special time to have you all to themselves.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ok, so I reread my answer and the last part was trying to express what Kaycee said. Have someone watch the little guy so you and your daughter can go out together.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008