Obama's Grandmother

I know he's taking a couple days off to see his grandmother, which I completely understand. It's his grandmother! Who wouldn't take time off to see their grandmother? But does anyone think this is just going to be something the McCain Campaign will use against him? And put him down for?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I should hope not.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I can't see why they would. Can you imagine how badly that would backfire on them?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• they probably will use it against him, but I think it will only hurt them in the long run.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• it's already been suggested here on cafemom that the whole reason he is returning to hawaii is to get a legal copy of his birth certificate!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Ahh, the proverbial birth certificate issue...interesting that this comes up....you know, i have only one thing to say about that....I as a common person have my birth certificate. My husband has his. All of my adult children, those that have traveled abroad and those that haven't all have a copy of theirs. Why would a person that travels the world, who is not Common, who has all the reason in the world to have a copy handy, NOT have his birth certificate? Is this fishy or WHAT? :) <--i say this with a smile and attempting to think this thru with a simple mind.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• How and why would they use that against him? There is a lot more and a lot worse things about Obama to use against him...I'm sure they aren't worried about his granny.
    Anonymous

• sounds like something they might try to do.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You know they have already said that family should be left out of politics. I highly doubt McCain will stup that low and disrespect the man for taking time to visit his ailing G'ma. McCain is a very humble man, politics are dirty but I don't think he will ever do that. He might use it to spotlight his ideas but I think that is as far as he will go.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's not McCain who is questioning it. Oddly enough there are others out there that are chattering about the trip and the birth certificate. It's a law suit brought on by a democrat not a republican. So, you can leave the republicans out of this one.
    Anonymous

• I'm a rep McCain supporter and I think it's good he's taking out the time to visit his grandmother. Why would anyone rep or otherwise use that against him. I personally would be more bothered if he didn't go to see her. There are many political things about him I do not agree with. The one positive thing I can say is that he does seem to be a good family man.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008