how can i keep myself from walking on eggshells around my mother?

the thing is she is diagnosed with depression.has fibromyalgia and expects or to me it seems like she wants attention all the time.she does nothing around here we dont expect her to,however we cant say or joke around her cause her feelings get hurt.

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 3:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I will just say this sometimes we can hinder instead of help. We have to sometimes make people do things they don't want to for there own good. I don't think if a joke is going to offend some one that it should be said any way. You need to reassure that you love her and that you don't mean to offend her in any way just be open and honest and pray that God heals her. Living on egg shells is no way for any one to live either just explain how you feel and go from there.
    jodi67

Answer by jodi67 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• fibromyalgia is painful. Look it up and find out what you can about that and depression. My BIL has fibromyalgia and is bipolar. If she is living with you, then its your home and keep doing what you are. Have fun, be happy.Don't live on eggshells, not good, if you do have children. They need a normal life even with grandma not feeling up to snuff.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008