Do you feel lonely and trapped?

I am a stay at home mom and I get very lonely. My husband works all the time and when he does have a day off he finds things to do to stay out of the house all day. I never leave my house, my best friends is a three year old and i just feel like a prisoner in my own home. I talk to my husband about it but he always tells me this is what I wanted to do so now I have to deal with it. I just want to know if anyone else feels this, so then I dont feel like i am going crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• so totally feel ya, but this isn't what I wanted to do, it's what WE agreed to.
    Anonymous

• Start going out for a walk everyday, do little things outside of the home, keep busy. If you want to go to work part time, do so or even full time. Its your life.If this isn't what you want, then figure out what you want, and go for it.Theres nothing wrong with you working if thats what you want to do.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We are on the same boat. Sometimes I do get very busy but for the most part I am just like you. Don't be ashamed about it. You might me someone here going through the same thing and befriend them.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 4:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am going through the same thing!! My boyfriend is a farmer and we as in me and our kids take the backseat to everything he usually works a minimum of 12 hours a day and I am at home with our kids all alone.... he is usually pretty busy and even if I try to text when im feeling really lonley he somehow acts like im holding him up from his work but if his brother texts he is right on txting him back and talks to him for awhile. We already have 2 kids together and I have one from my marriage and we are expecting another baby in Janurary... it was a huge suprise and we didnt really want anymore kids and he hasnt been totally thrilled through most of this so im kinda alone in that too!! The spark has just kinda been gone since I got pregnant....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm a SAH mom of 3, and in 12 years together, I think I've seen the back of his head framed by the computer screen more than his face. I think we all have those times when we just want to crawl into a corner.....it's sad to think I get excited about maybe small talking with the mailman, or a familiar cashier....You may just have to go for it on your own. What do you like? Movies? Books? When's the last time you took a Mommy Day? Even a nice drive, or girlie pampering day?
    Many arguements have included "This is what you wanted to do...." but you may have to remind him that nobody wants to do their job 24/7 with no breaks, even if they did choose it!
    LiteBrite415

Answer by LiteBrite415 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have to agree with LiteBrite415.

I'm a SAHM of 3, married for 10 years and my husband is away A LOT (he's going to school in another state... LONG story). So my job is 24/7. It took awhile to get my husband to understand that even if I chose to stay at home, I didn't want to be isolated in my house. See if you can find a local group here on CafeMom or do a search for your zip code to find moms in your area. But you need to get out of the house sometimes. Take your child to the park. But also, talk to your husband. Tell him, nicely, that yes, you want to be a SAHM but everyone needs a break once in awhile. See if he can agree to a date night, or letting you go out for awhile with a friend. Good luck.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2008