Kissing problems..

My darling love and husband of 6 years and I have just never really learned how to kiss each other. It doesnt really bothers me, since I am not HUGE on kissing, but sometimes I would like a really passionate make out session! We have tried to work on it, and also decided that there are certian ways we just kiss and like kissing, and like beign kissed. He likes to try to eat my face and do a tensilectomy, while i prefer some good hard kissing, and some lip suckin.. mmmmm. Doing it his way makes my face hurt.. cant keep my mouth open that long! He doesnt seem to mind my way..
The other issue is... he has stinky breath!!! He brushes his teeth twice daily, and as far as we know, his mouth is in pretty good shape, but it just smells ikcy, and I dont have the heart to tell him.. so that also keeps me from kissing him. What can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't really have much advise :) I'm not a big makeout fan but my husband is. I just kinda think it's gross LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• give him a listeine thingy that melts right in your mouth before you kiss him, a tictac, something. He may brush his teeeth 2x's a day but during the day he does eat,right? Shoot, tell him, I tell my husband cause I can't stand that....
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• :)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm not a deep mouth kisser either. I'd rather go the sucking, nibbling little tongue route too... As far as the stinky breathe goes, if he maintains good hygiene and brushes his TONGUE as well as his teeth it may be that somethings up with his tummy. A good percentage of bad breath comes from stomach and esophagus problems.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have told him before... and he is really embarrassed.. i feel bad.
    Anonymous

• Maybe gingivitis? You could get you both a tongue scraper (dental hygene isle at any grocery store) and just say you found them and thought they were a strange device and you wanted to try them together. I venture to guess he has something hiding in there. Maybe schedule dental appts. for both of you for the same day? Just say "hey my teeth have been feeling gross lately I want to go get them checked out so I made us both an appt.?? Flossing and rinsing really helps too. Its a sensitive subject. :(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The first time I kissed my boyrfriend it was horrible!!!! he had the whole im gonna suck your face off thing going on it was so terrible!! we lived in different states and he had come to see me and by the end of the four days he had dramaticly improved and then got a little better everytime we saw eachother... and now he is pretty darn good at it i must say!! I think sometimes you just have to show someone how you want to be kissed or touched or whatever!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Buy you a magazine or a book on the art of kissing and experiment you may find a technique or style you have never tried and really both like, now for the bad breath situation keep a pack of clorets handy before hand just make it a habit to both have one. make him think you are worried about your breath and you would just feel more comfortable if he had one too so you both could be fresh!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 4:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anonymous

• It's terrible to go through life like this. You've got to find a way to cure this breath problem. Does he go to the dentist? Brushing alone does not help the stench of one bad cavity (nor mints). Or it could be a digestive problem, coming from somewhere internal. You've got to communicate about this. Not just for you, but for people he works with, etc. I'm sure people are talking! I'm just telling you out of concern for your husband you should help him. On the kissing, keep working on it. I hope you come to a compromise. I like the art of kissing book idea by 1coutrygal. I love love love kissing. It's a shame that you two can't enjoy kissing each other more. Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008