how long to get over galbladder surgery?

I had galbladder surgery 2 weeks ago and still having the symptoms that I had before. I know its going to take my stomach awhile to get used to eating again but how long till I feel better with the cramping,diahrrea,and nausea?

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• have you called your doc? you could have an infection...he/she needs to know that youre still having symptoms, even if its normal then at least you will know
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Cramping, diarrhea and nausea lasted for a LONG time for me. But I had a hard time adjusting to a new diet. I know other people that never had any of that after surgery. SO it all depends.

Make sure you are not eating greasy, fatty foods. Look at the fat content of everything you are eating. Eat mostly whole grains, fruits and veggies with lean proteins.

Good luck, it sucks, but it won't last forever.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My friend was out of work for 3 weeks and came back part time for another 2. I would call to be sure you are healing correctly though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had my remove about six months ago and had the same question for my sister and daughter who had their removed years ago. They say that your system is never the same. I've notice that certain foods tend to set my stomach off.
    sharonbrown43

Answer by sharonbrown43 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• gee I felt great after my surgery...no pain except for the little puncture bites from the lapro surgery......check back with your doctor, make sure you a healing right and ease into the regular diet...
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010