Cornish game hen help

Does anyone have a recipe that they love? This will be my first time preparing them. I've found a few recipes online, but so far everything seems to call for orange juice, and I don't have that, and I don't enjoy that flavor for meat anyway.

Also, any suggestions on what to serve alongside the hens?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cornish game hens are small chickens. You can add any flavor to them you like and it doesn't have to be orange sauce. You can even choose your own barbecue sauce. My dad used to stuff them with a wild rice stuffing and just coat the outsides with butter and salt and pepper and a little water in the pan for basting, so they brown nicely in the oven. They are relatively easy to cook.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can just season them the way you like to season any chicken. If you need a liquid, you can use chicken broth.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Thank you both! I've roasted dozens of whole chickens, so I'm really not sure why I'm getting psyched out by these things. I'll definitely make sure I baste with butter.
    Ginger0104

Comment by Ginger0104 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• All I do for mine is put a light coat of butter salt and pepper.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010