what would you do?

Let give you the background here- I am friends with my husbands best friends GF, and the other day she told me that her and her BF (DHs Friend) were fighting cuz she cheated on him, and shes acting like she did nothing wrong nagging him not seemingly remorsefull at all - IMO and I told my husband about it, there is nothing I keep from him. but now she is mad at me. this isnt just some ole guy mu dh is friends with he is like a brother/son to dhs whole family. was I wrong to tell DH? I mean its not like I ran around telling it when her BF didnt know yet, he already knew...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH and I have one very strict rule..."NO SECRETS"...no matter who it is about or what it is about we have no secrets...it is hard to take on the burden of knowing something so heavy and not being able to releive the weight of it so we decided that regardless the information we are to share the burden as a team and never ever hold information that could possibly cause any marital stress between the two of us. We are more important than anyone else, friend or family, because we have our own lives and we should never have to hide things for others...that is what my DH is for...to help carry my burdens and I do the same for him...we would be divorced if we didn't have this rule...my true friends understand the relationship between me and my DH so if they don't want DH to know then do not tell me...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Whether or not you were right or wrong is not something I can say.. I'm not you, not her, ect.

I will/can only speak for myself.. If I were to have done that. Yes it would have been "wrong" because I would have been breaking my friend's trust. Which isn't okay to do in my book. I keep nothing from my husband, in regards to my own business/our business. But some outside parties business/issues is not mine to share freely.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• She should not expect you to keep anything from your husband. I know I don't keep anything from mine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've already told on people for cheating before. I can't live with myself if I don't.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think so he would have found out from his friend most likely. Did she tell him or did someone catch her in the act ? If she got caught she may be just mad cause she was found out, thats what it sounds like if she's not sorry at all. I would let it go and be there for you DH cause he's probably going to be helping his friend get through this
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• just because she apparently leads a seperate and dishonest life outside of her marriage doesnt mean she should expect you to also...she cheated so she obviously wouldnt understand honesty and loyalty
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its her problem. I tell my husband everything as well.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010