do you have a good meatloaf recipe or anything special you do/add when making yours?

??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 2 pounds beef
    1 small onion chopped
    1 sm grn pepper chopped
    1 cup steamed carrots mashed
    1/2 pureed peas (not every time)
    1/4 cup fiber one cereal chopped fine sometimes it's just bread crumbs
    1 egg

shape and bake for 1 hour top with heinz chili sauce and bake for another 20-20 min or until meat looks done when cut in the middle.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have acquired about 30 different meatloaf recipes and they all come from people who insist theirs is the best ever. I hate about half of them and will never make them again. So with that in mind, this is the one we consider the absolute best meatloaf recipe ever, and we have gotten people who swear they hate meatloaf to eat it and ask for seconds, but I'm guessing all those people who swear by the recipes that make me gag probably would still like theirs better:

Good Eats Meatloaf

We quit trying new ones a year or so ago.  We figure we've suffered enough and we're sticking with that one.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup Mix (or just regular onion soup mix), Eggs, Ketchup (or BBQ sauce), bread crumbs (or Stuffing), Little bit of water (or Worcestershire sauce), Green pepper, and not always but I have added mozzarella cheese.

Also there is a great recipe on the back of the Liptons Beefy Onion Soup Box

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 3:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I mix it up every time I make it. Some things I'll add are of course spices like onion/garlic powder, salt, pepper. I like to use finely crushed Ritz crackers or seasoned bread crumbs and crack an egg into it. Worcestershire sauce. Adding a jar of mixed vegetable baby food will make it juicy and delicious as well. I like to put a couple sticks of string cheese in the middle of it to give it a nice gooey cheesy center. Adding some slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese sticks is pretty awesome too. Sometimes I'll finely chop different peppers, onions, etc and add those to the meat (gotta get your kids to eat their veggies!).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I got my recipe from my mom who modified one that belonged to my grandma.  My dad won't eat meatloaf unless it is made this way, lol.  It's got dry onion soup mix, salt, pepper, egg, saltine crackers (crushed), milk and the secret ingredient: A1 steak sauce.  That's how I was taught to make it (and I don't measure anything, just dump it in a bowl and mix).  Then I cover the top with steak sauce and sprinkle with extra onion soup mix.

I usually make a 2lb loaf and then use 1lb in the muffin pan because they cook quicker (the muffins are usually done in 40min and we eat them while the loaf continues to cook...then we have that for leftovers or sandwiches the next day.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I grate me onion and garlic so it is tiny and not big chunks. Then just ground beef, one egg per pound of meat, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs ad salt and pepper to taste.

If you want to taste it before you cook the whole thing, then heat a small skillet and take a bit of the mixture and fry it up. Then you will know if it needs more seasonings.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I buy
    monches

Answer by monches at 3:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My usual everyday meatloaf is ground beef, an egg, seasoned bread crumbs, onion powder, salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce topped with ketchup.

When I'm wanting something different, I make pizza meatloaf. My kids love it and it's pretty good. Pizza meatloaf

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I use crushed saltines instead of breadcrumbs. I've got quite a few different recipes, so I kind of mix it up and use whatever I have on hand.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't have a specific recipe, I just add to my ground beef whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I add a steak sauce sometimes I add ketchup and mustard but no matter what it also has chopped onions, season salt, minced garlic, eggs, and bread crumbs
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010