My Son ran into the table..

I want to get his eyes check but his doctor isn't worried about it he said that he would give me a referal because he only ran into the table once.. he isn't our normal doctor so I have to wait til monday to see our, I really want to get his eyes checked he is 21 months. MY oldest had his eyes checked at 18 months so I want to get them done for both my children... I can't stand doctors has this happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you mean doctors that think that a parent is being overprecautious about something yes. If I feel the need to have my kid checked out I will do it regardless because I want to be on the safe side. Sometimes it is mothers intuition that kicks in and makes you want to have your child looked out just to be sure nothing is wrong.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When my daughter started holding things way too close, sitting near the tv way too close and crossing her eyes (big kicker) I took her to her Ped. We were referred and she has had glasses for over 2 years now. Her condition is perminent though.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If hes ok dont worry but still take him to the Dr.
    monches

Answer by monches at 3:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Never hurts to get a second opinion or another referal
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Could it help to get a another NOT eye level table, or surface in that particular room?

Do you see it as the table IS eye level, and he is just perhaps slow, like maybe not mentally, but either slow on the draw, like he has circulatory or vascular or even neurological disorders. It's not always just vision, could be his whole perspective of depth is off. Like when you walk and take 2 steps, he needs to take 4 steps. He sees you taking 2 steps so he tries to keep taking 2 steps, so he triples those steps, and walks like you but replaces that 3 times to match yours. He is copying you, only his mind isn't seeing the table it's seeing you taking steps. He's probably very very smart.

Just get a new lower table ( that's what would work best.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A table not eye level would help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The table was at a resturant not in my home... Wow anon your a bitch! how you choke
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010