How often do I need to do weights

I have lost a ton of weight. I am doing really well on that but My upper arms are flabby and I know that doing weights will help. I have been doing this but not very often. Honestly, it is the one thing I hate doing. But I know I need to if I want to change this. Realistically, how often should I be doing the weights(how many days a week) to achive what I want.

KyliesMom5

Asked by KyliesMom5 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Generaly it is best to rotate on your workouts. Upper body then lower body another day and cardio another day.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Right now I am mainly walking and horse back riding ever other week. But I got the weights and have not used them as much as I think I probably should
    KyliesMom5

Comment by KyliesMom5 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• every other day, rotate
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If you are doing a work out at home you could lift weights when you are just sitting on the couch watching a movie. Thats how I started the weights. If you dont try to max yourself out then just lift weights for 10-20 min a day. If you do not live your life around your work out then just stick it in where you can.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Do as many days a week that you prefer, but always take a day off in between. If you want to see any kind results they must be heavy enough that you feel that you are working your muscles. 2, 3 and for some women, even 5 lbs are not enough to see a difference.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It's not good to work the same muslces every day, except abs, so I do arms every other day and legs every other day
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• start off doing strength training 1 or 2 a week. then, depending on your goal, every other day.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 1:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I do 5 lb. weights, 30 resistance lifts about 3 or 4 times a week and I do see results.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thank you, all, for your help.
    KyliesMom5

Comment by KyliesMom5 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010