why did you and your husband divorce?

did he cheat, or abusive or an alcoholic or you just drifted apart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• He decided he had to start sleeping with a 19 year old and I was not going to paly seconfd fiddle. But more importnatly in retrospect we were 2 very different people, we fought a ton, and neither of us would've ever been happy together.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Drug abuse and cheating. I probably could have worked through one or the other but not both.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• He did'nt want to work, said he could'nt find a job. After a few mth's I got tired of it...
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• age difference caught up to us. we were going in 2 totally different directions.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Domestic Violence!

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Two things.

#1 We had been together for 14 years... since I was 14 years old. We grew up and grew apart.

#2 I was sexually assaulted in my work place and most would call it rape. I told him and he took it as I was getting some behind his back so he then proceeded to tell me all the stories he had about getting some behind my back for the past 14 years. Thinking he was getting even. I had never been so offended or hurt...

I don't think he deserves to even live after that.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Verbal, emotional, and the occasional physical abuse. He was a Marine...seems like it's more common for them.
    2breakaway

Answer by 2breakaway at 4:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my relationship w/ my son's father was full of drama from the beginning. He cheated, lied, was manipulative, controlling and would put me down alot. when he drank he got really nasty, and would call me every name on the book. it was alot of emotional and a bit of physical abuse. he almsot drove me insane. Now thankfully I am happier and have found comfort in God's hands. Now i am learning to let go of grudges and pray for him, because he is the father of my son and he needs to be well so he can be a better father.
    Latinamami

Answer by Latinamami at 4:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• drug addict. i couldn't deal with anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Sick and tired of being sick and tired! I was always put last no matter what the situation or who was involved. Plus he didn't want to work, he stayed high, and couldn't see anything around the house that needed done just acted like he was at a Best Western.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 4:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008