how much do you tip?

I am talking waitress/ waiter?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry---I read it as that you were in a bad mood yesterday.

Servers in FL make $4.25/hr (some states are more, some are less)...and like I said we have to claim all our tips (and some are already in the computer, so we can't not claim them) and get taxed, so yeah...you're doing really good if you get a $10 paycheck (LOL).
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 3:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I start with 20% and deduct if the service is bad. I know this sounds bad, but I take away 1% for every time I have to ask for something that you should have already brought to the table and I add 1% for them being extremely on their toes. We don't eat at super fancy places, but I like to give someone what they deserve for doing a good job.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When I sit down it starts at 15% and can go up or down form there depending on the service. A really good one will get 20% or more.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Supposed to be 15% but, not everyone does that ...
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 3:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Unless the service was really bad, I always tip 20%. Even if the service was bad, I never tip below 15%. No, I lied. Once, I tipped nothing because the waitress called me a liar, and I didn't feel she deserved a penny.

CMcLaws

Answer by CMcLaws at 3:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my hubby is mad at me cause i only tipped our waitress ($4) yesterday, our order was $60 there was 7 of us. I think now and I know I should of tipped more. but oh well I didn't choose your job and I am not made of money so I give what I can afford. Some days I do get nice and once gave $10 on a $34 order. I guess it depends on my mood and the service. Yesterdays was not a good, I had to ask a few times for a extra plate, i had to ask her to take my order after she closed the paper thing and started to walk away after taking the other orders, I had to chase her down for our check
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Usualy $5-10. Depends on the service. It is only myself and my husband when we eat out so we never spend more then 20 on dinner for the both of us so they get a good tip. there has been very few times when i gave a very small tip and that was because the service was just that bad.

My dad will put 5 on the table and every time they mess up he will take a little away. lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Depends on: the type of restaurant we are eating at......... how many are eating............the overall tab when we're finished.

The bare minimum we tip ever is 20% .. We've tipped up to 50% a few times as well..

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I double the tax, so right around 18% normally. I've only ever not tipped once, when, like a previous poster, I was called a liar. We'd gone out to dinner with family. It was still early in the day and we were her only table. We got horrible service, and I refused to tip. Later overheard her complaining about it to the owner/manager and calling me a liar about having received poor service. Quickly set him straight and left.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Oh I think I am going to go with your dad's rule, Thanks :)
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010