Has any one had a HSG test done?

I posted early about clomid, but after speaking with my doctors office today, he decided that he first wanted to the HSG test on me. This is to make sure that my fallopian tubes are not blocked. Has anyone had this done. Did it hurt. I also heard that it may be easier to get pregnant after this test.

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I've never had this test done. Try looking on webmd.com.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/hysterosalpingogram-21590
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 4:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i personally have not had one done, but have accompanied friends and clients... it does not hurt according to them, it is a little icky ;). good thoughts coming your way!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 6:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I just had this done last week... Its alot like a pap and they stick a thing up inside of you with a balloon that releases dye... That can make you cramp. The test only last about 5 minutes, its not all that bad and you will have the results right then and there.
    Baileysmom22304

Answer by Baileysmom22304 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I thought it was more painful than I expected, but it didn't last too terribly long. I'd ask the doctor to prescribe or recommend something to take before the test to help with the cramping.
    Anonymous