FLEAS!!

i found a flea on my dog! i put the frontline on him just now... there isnt alot of fleas i found two . how do i get ride of them on him and my house?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pets

• After you treat your pet, get all laundry done and up and off the floor. Change and wash all the bedding in the house, both yours and the pets. Vacuum and keep your pet confined to an area of the house that isn't carpeted for a few days to prevent them from re infesting themselves by going back into their hideouts where they may have dropped fleas or eggs. (under beds, basements, couches, etc etc.) Stay on the frequent vacuuming for at least a week.

We got the infestation of granddaddy fleas from hell when a friend gave me a bag of baby clothes her dog had slept on. It took getting the house martha stewart clean in addition to treating our cat to get rid of them.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Fumigate
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• try a spray called deamon. it is safe for babies and animals. fleas are attracted to warmth and white. You could put a white candle in a large pan of soapy water. That will tell you if you have fleas inside. They jump into the water after the warmth and light and the soap makes them stay in the water b/c of the film it creates. If you dont make it soapy then they will jump back out. Fleas do drown in water.
    Anonymous

• I found this great product for fleas.....It's called Adams plus/Pyrethrin dip. It kills and repels fleas, ticks, lice, gnats, mosquitoes and flies. Made with aloe vera, lanolin and sunscreen, for dogs and cats. Don't use it on dogs or cats though under 12 weeks old.

Give your dog a bath and then dip or spray this on them and the flea fall off and die....you leave it on to and it helps prevent more on them.

My hubby also makes a gallon at a time and sprays the outside in the yard and it's helped kill fleas there to.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008