In home childcare... how to get started?

I have thought about watching some kids in my house... 2 at the most. Just enough to get us some extra income. But where do I go to find people that need a babysitter?
I know daycare in my area is anywhere from $225-300 a week. I was going to charge about $130 a week.

I've posted ads on craigslist (because it's free) and DH has told his coworkers that if anyone is looking for daycare, etc.

But where else can I advertise (for free) that I'm looking for kids to watch?

Himomma

Asked by Himomma at 8:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to your local grocery store, most have bullitin boards. Also some post offices have a bulitin board for you to advertise.
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Also be sure that you don't need to be licence....Where I live you can only have 3 children in your home including your own without a licence. I have 2 kids so by law I can only take in one kids and NOT be licence. If I did more then that I would have to get an licence.

So you may want to call your local child social services office to see what your local laws are regarding child care.

Other then that you can post things at local grocery store, library, Laundromat, assuming they have bulletin boards for those type of things and will allow you to advertise.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Try local Dr's offices or the hospitals, but usually word of mouth is the best way to get it out there. So if you tell your friends who tell their co workers and friends you will have phone calls in no time.
    Dmommak

Answer by Dmommak at 9:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I posted some flyers I made in the laundry rooms at our apartments.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008