HELP!!

I need help. I am living with my mother in law. My husband lives here too. We are only living here to help his mother out. My husbands brother is so rude. I am yelled at cussed out. And treated like shit. I don't want to move but I dont want to our son to pick up the cussing and being disrespectful to us. My mother in law always says oh he has ADD and he is two years behind. He is almost 19 and he refuses to get a job doesn't respect any one. I feel if we move and she looses the house my mother in law will never talk to us. I dont know what to do? We have had a team meeting and he refuses to join us.

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• My son has ADHD and no matter the his "level", he knows better than to be disrespectful. Of course he's only 7, but I"m working with him NOW so that he doesn't behave this way when he's older. Your MIL may take it, but you should stop him in his tracks and tell him when he's yelling and cussing that he will not talk to you that way. Walk off, lock the door if you have to, you don't have to deal with that type of disrespect. It makes me sad that he's allowed to get away with things like this, it gives our children a bad name (add/adhd), it should never be an excuse to behave badly. Good luck.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You have to put your husband and child first. Your son is definitely affected by the atmosphere of the home and shouldn't have to pay the price for your mother-in-law's situation. Explain to your mother-in-law that you will no longer be treated this way nor allow the situation to harm your son. She has a choice. If she wants to continue to receive your financial help, the brother-in-law has to go. It's her choice. If she never speaks to you again, than that's okay. It's still her choice. It's very unfortunate that you have been put in this situation. Why is your husband allowing his brother to treat you this way? He should be the one setting boundaries - protecting his wife and child by standing up to his mother and brother. If you continue to live like this, you will most likely resent your husband for allowing the situation. Sounds like family counseling is in order.
    2breakaway

Answer by 2breakaway at 4:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Bump? Mama I have no idea what to tell you. I suppose let her know that if she does not discipline him or remove him form the home and you beging to get some respect that you're going to have to leave and damn the consequences. You can not be treated like a door mat just dso she can keep her house. And really if she' s willing to treat you like that or allow you to be treated like that, who cares if she never talks to you again?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i would say either he leaves or i do -
    there is no reaeson for you to be abused in your home and infront of your kids...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• First of all, you speak redneck to this so called man that cusses you. Pick up cast iron skillet and Take him out of his comfy zone and flat out tell him STOP being a dick! and you have a son who will be raised correctly without the benefit of his uncles colorful language, and if necessary you and your family will move out and they can go live in the housing projects as far as you are concerned you and your husband trying to help your mother in law not him. So he needs to back off or get ready to get off his ass and keep his self and her up because you owe HIM NOTHING! Further more your husband should address this problem man to man if that doesn't work. I feel for you but stand up to the bully!!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 4:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• get your hubby to do something....your son is gonna see that its ok to treat mommy/females in thi manner...we already have so many moron men out there...the only hope is to send out less of them...
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 2:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2008