Mr. Powell...hmmmmm

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5693

Interesting read... also read that the troops are supporting McCain 68% to obama's 23%...
What do you think?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 4:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• " ...because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities..."
    Mr. Powell is voting for the black man that talks alot.
    If McCain is too old to run Powell is too old to endorse.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i'm really sick of all the attempts to smear colin powell.
    he endorsed obama, get over it. he wasn't speaking for anyone else when he gave his endorsement and he did not endorse obama to sway military voters.
    this is just beyond ridiculous!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• He endorsed Obama because of McCain's pick for VP, he said that she isn't ready to be president which is the job of the VP. To fill in for the president in any case that may arise. I knew he was going to endorse Obama when he was taking so long to let it be known.

I don't support Obama but this is America and we are free to cross party lines and support who ever we like.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think you shoul've cut and pasted some of the article, even though none of the Obama supporters want or will recognize any negative truths about their candidate. I'm glad I clicked on it to read it. I wasn't to worried about Collin Powell picking McCain, I was kindof glad he didn't as he hasn't backed a President yet with his vote yet. He hasn't gotten to where he is because he isn't an opportunists, I hope McCain doesn't appoint him a cabinet position if he does gets elected, knowing his heart definetly isn't on the troops side or where their heart is.
    Anonymous

• Well, to start, that's a pretty far leaning website "Voting for Democrats Worse Than Smoking!", REALLY! I love how Powell was a great General, a great man, until he decided to vote for Obama. I can't tell you how accurate the military polls are, but I can tell you, my hubby is voting for Obama, and if you want to break it down so you can look at it in all the different ways like the page you posted does, my hubby is a white, 31 year old Navy officer.
    craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 4:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't think people should smear Colin Powell. We all can endorse who we want to our own advantage and Powell was just looking at an advantage for himself. I don't think anyone is going to be persuaded that Obama is the best person for the job just because Powell endorses him.
    Anonymous

• i read the entire article...
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Collin Powell has the right to endorse whomever he wants. I still respect him, wish he was running actually.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I really don't give a rats back side who he endorsed...I personally wished he would have ran a long time ago... until I found how he really isnt as conservative as I thought but I still wouldn't have minded seeing him on rep ticket..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think that Canada's press has nothing to do with me, since I am an American, not a Canadian. I never believe polls because they are biased. The only accurate (or closest to accurate) is the one on November 4th.

And as much as I support the troops, it doesn't make a difference to me who is voting for who. I am voting for the person who best suits my needs.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008