Do you hide your feelings about the cartoons your kids watch?

If you feel that the cartoon or show that your child is about to watch is stupid and mindless, do you tell them and change the channel or do you sit through it and not say anything?

There are some shows I can't stand. Fanboy and ChumChum, SpongeBob, Adventure Time, Chowder, Fishhooks (new one). I tell my daughter that I think they're stupid and change it to a different cartoon.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 3:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• If i don't approve (fanboy, chum chum etc. they are off)... and I tell them I just don't like it. Spongebob is allowed on a limited basis.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I hate spongebob but if that's what my daughter wants to watch I let her. She doesn't have to be learning something everytime she see the tv. She barely watch it anyways. My son doesn't even care for tv.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sponge Bob and Power Rangers are on the chopping block here. They can watch other mindless shows!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I HATE those shows too and if it's just me and the kids we do not watch them. But unfortunately sometimes when my husbands home he puts them on. GRRR!!! I'll let it go for maybe an hour are two and then I go nuts and make them change it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well, we don't have satellite tv anymore, so that helps. I cut those (spongebob, fanbay, chumchum...etc) a long time ago. If they have to watch something silly, I prefer looneytunes or tom & jerry.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have never allowed my children to watch shows that I don't approve of.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No I watch them first before I let him watch them because a lot of those cartoons are for mature audiences and alot of them show violence and i dont want him seeing stuff like that I'm trying to keep his innocence as long as possible
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010